Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. - Psalm 20:7 (ESV)
Yesterday, I decided to be handy around the house. I had bought a digital thermostat a few months ago for our upstairs and decided it was time to install it. I watched a YouTube video and thought this would be easy. I am not sure what video I watched, but it was nothing like what I had before me. Instead of two wires, there were six.
Long story short, I was now invested. The old system was dismantled, and the new one looked doubtful. I got it installed, and it came on, and out shot hot air! Upon further examination, the thermostat I bought was not compatible with our Heat pump. In my defense, the writing on the bottom back was small and confusing. So I called Kelly, and she picked me up a new one at Home Depot. It was getting later in the day now and much warmer upstairs. I installed the new thermostat, turned it on, and again out shot hot air.
Now I was in trouble. The old thermostat was broken, but it was still functioning. Now we had a new one that did not work. I could sense the rising question of why I decided to do this! So some of us upstairs had a warm night. I continued to look up YouTube videos to help me troubleshoot the problem. I went to bed confident as to the problem and its solution. That was not the solution either. I had lifted more than one prayer already for an answer to why the AC was not working. I stopped and prayed again. As I opened the thermostat again, I looked at all the wires. It was at this point I noticed a loose green wire. Within five minutes, we had cool air.
Kelly and I were talking about this whole incident. She made a great point. I have been trying to do work around the house myself. My attitude has been that I will do it so that we can save money. Yet, the Lord wants us to depend on him and lean into him. Our ultimate hope is not in our ability to do for ourselves, but should always be looking to Jesus to care for us no matter what the need. It was a good reminder.
Also, I took apart most of the dashboard on one of my cars yesterday. I have watched many videos on this process. However, your prayers would be appreciated.
______________________________________
Announcements
The online giving option is now live at www.firstarplancaster.org or on the Vanco Mobile app under First ARP Lancaster.
This Week:
AM Sermon - Daniel 2:24-30
PM Sermon - 2 Corinthians 2:12-17
Sunday School Classes:
- Adult Fellowship will continue to be meeting in the Sanctuary after worship. The class will be live-streamed at the class FB page.
- The Men and Women's Discussion Class will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall after worship.
- The Youth class will be meeting in the Multi-purpose classroom #12 at the end of the Red (2nd) Hall.
Children's Ministry:
- Wednesday Online Kids Class will start tomorrow. This class will be an online video looking at the Westminster Shorter Catechism.
- Bible Story Class will start on Sunday. This lesson will also be an online video.
- We will have folders/packets for the children whose parents are in Sunday School.
Prayer List
Amy Jones recovering from Surgery
Natalie Carmichael healing and strength as she continues treatment for cancer
Students and teachers
No comments:
Post a Comment